This week, I’d like to talk about a concept that has always interested me, but I’ve never actually done–Cross Blog Conversations. There was a very interesting post over on Profitable Mommy Blogging this past week about how to successfully run a Cross Blog Conversation.
These are the steps:
- You write a post that first explains what a Cross Blog Conversation is, then tells your readers who you’ll be conversing with. Finally, you’ll write a section like a letter composed directly to your conversation partner, ending with a question for them to answer.
- Now, on their blog – they will let their readers know that they have been engaged in a Cross Blog Conversation. They will link back to your explanation and question. Then they will write a section directly to you, answering your question and closing with a question for you.
- Now, on your blog – you will let readers know that you’re continuing the Cross Blog Conversation, link to their answer and question – then write a section directly to your CBC partner, answering their quesion and asking another of your own.
- Now it’s their turn. They link to your question, answer it and ask another.
- Now it’s your turn. You link to their question, answer it and ask another.
- Now it’s their turn. They link to your question, answer it and ask another, letting readers know this is their last one.
- Now it’s your turn – answer their last question and close the CBC with a special thank you for their participation.
CBCs are a great way to build your traffic with new visitors, as well as helping your CBC partner to share in your traffic. It sounds like a lot of fun to me! I would love to partner with someone to do a Cross Blog Conversation on the topic of marketing or website development. Any takers?