There is something really big happening in the website industry right now that I wanted to make sure you knew about. As a website professional, I cannot emphasize how important this is for small business owners and I encourage you to read this page in its entirety. I am recommending this to all my clients, as well as every small business owner that I meet…it is that important!
What is data privacy and why does your business need to be concerned?
Does this affect your business?
Do you collect any “Personally Identifiable Information” on your website through:
- A Contact Form?
- An Email List Subscription Form?
- A Request for a Download?
- A Shopping Cart?
- Any Software that May Collect Data in the Background (Google Analytics, for example)?
Would you like to:
- Avoid massive fines and lawsuits?
- Limit your liability?
- Keep control of your website?
- Protect your intellectual property?
- Ensure legitimacy to your website visitors?
What can you do to get protected?
This plugin will automatically update your website policies when the laws change (as well as notify you when changes are coming), and it comes at a fraction of the cost of hiring a private attorney who specializes in online privacy practices.
The license costs $99/year or $10/month (paid directly to Termageddon). Dramatic Design charges a one-time setup fee of $100 to create up to four policy pages on your website, insert the code into your pages, and test the custom code to make sure it is working properly.
Your subscription includes any or all of the following policy pages (depending on your needs):
- Terms & Conditions
- EULA (End User License Agreement –for software and apps)
We even put Termageddon’s policies on our own website:
Because Dramatic Design is a Data Privacy Certified Agency Partner, I am able to offer 10% off the cost of your first-year subscription payment. Termageddon has also generously offered to personally take my clients and referrals through the setup process to ensure they’re protected. (It only takes about 15 minutes via phone call.)
Please fill in the form below and let me know that you would like to use Termageddon to protect your business and I’ll make a personal email introduction to the Vice President of Termageddon so he can schedule your 15-minute call!
By the way…
- The President of Termageddon, Donata Kalnenaite, is a licensed attorney and certified information privacy professional. She often volunteers at the Illinois State Bar Association holding courses on the General Data Protection Regulation where she teaches other attorneys on the importance of privacy and what Privacy Policies should contain.
- Yes, there are lots of Privacy Policies online that you could copy and paste into your website, but let me ask you a question…
Do you really want to trust the fate of your business to the possibility that the document might have been written by an attorney or that it might be compliant with all the new state laws or that it might cover everything needed for your business? Be safe…not sorry!
Privacy Laws Already Passed:
- European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Nevada’s Revised Statutes Chapter 603A and SB220
State Privacy Bills Waiting to be Passed into Law:
- New York